Saturday, March 26, 2011

how long has it been? not that long

I don't think I have been using my brain much lately because I can barely remember when and what was the last post about. As much as I dislike studying for exams or tests, I actually think that it works well in stimulating the brain and I can remember things better. Ever since my last exam, I find my memory getting worst as I have less brain-stimulating stuffs to think or remember. This is what happens when you've been on a 3 months holiday doing nothing. I LOVE BEING LAZY.
But I think it's time to put a stop to it. My career and residency status in Melbourne is at stake and I should be more worried thinking of ways to achieve what I really want in life.

So I finally remembered and found the time to finish off the movie 'The Pursuit of Happiness" played by Will Smith and son. I think I watched the movie some year back but since I have a habit of watching a show halfway then leave it for the next time, I tend to forget finishing the other half of the show. To my surprise, my last memory of the movie stopped at the part where Will Smith was at the basketball court with his on-screen/off-screen son. Quote, unquote never let anyone tell you what you can't do. You must protect your dream. OK, that is really what I need to hear, right now, at this moment.

I'm currently at a crossroad thinking which path to take. Before, it was crystal clear to me. Now, I'm doubtful and that's not good. Once the doubt comes in, the confidence drops and I get the urge to leave, like I did many times in many areas of my life. Today, I realize what a quitter I can be and how my determination sometimes falls through like it never happened. Just like that time when I picked up ballet and decided to give up because I got bored of repeating the same routine. Just like that last time when I decided to give art a go and I gave up because I got bored. Just like that time I was so determined that I will finish my electric piano lessons but gave up because I had exams as my excuse. Those mentioned were just a few of the 'give ups' I had in my 24 year old life.

So as I was saying, I am a little uncertain of my path now that graduation is becoming real. I felt like a student for a long time and had no pressure in my future career. Now, career seminars and career fairs are slapping on my face for a reality check. Is this really what I want or am I just doing it because it is the right thing to do?

This is my transition period. From a student to a young adult creating her life. I can almost feel myself leaving my parents shelter and moving to a place I will soon create.
It is alright. One way or another, my path will show and I will be on my way to my Chanel bags and mini cooper.

I have a plan and I should elaborate further when I actually get to execute it.


Stay healthy and happy everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment