Thursday, December 25, 2008

Blessed Christmas

25th December 2008 (Thursday)



Christmas tree in KLCC



it was some time ago since i spent christmas eve with the family. this year, the family and i were at my uncles place. singing christmas carols, turkey, pork, ceaser salad, fried noodles, olive oil&herbs pasta, homemade pizza, chicken rendang, mix-vege..... of course, uncles, aunts, cousins, and my family.

the warmth. the laughter.

Blessed Christmas everyone :)



.....................


I don't have the habit of looking through mails sent to the house. mainly because it usually belong to my parents. but it was different on tuesday (23rd Dec 2008). tired after a whole day at work, i threw my house keys and car keys back to where it belong near the main door, keeping in mind that i should hurry up, take a quick shower, and get dressed for an outing with the family. instead of walking up the stairs, my hands were reaching out for that pile of letters seated nicely on the shelf. There was this medium sized brown envelope and i spotted it right away. I see the familiar handwriting. I knew it was him. tired, surprise, happy. it was exactly how i felt at that time. I hugged the envelope and brought it back to my room. I was searching for that smell. that familiar smell i know will accompany every letter/card he sent. Within the brown envelope was another red and yellow envelope. i went straight for the yellow one. handwritten. that familiar handwriting again. how i missed it. but the first paragraph stopped me from reading the rest of letter. ish. i was to wait till the 25th of December 2008 -____________- his way of getting back to me cause i made him wait a week before he could read the letter i sent him previously. *pouts* copyright!!!!!

i kept both the envelopes safely in my cupboard. today, i took it out. the smell remains. the perfume i got him on the first year we celebrated christmas together. the perfume he uses till this very day. that scent he sent half a globe just to make me miss him even more. i feel my heart twist a little. ouch.

i took my time. reading through every single word, recognize the way he writes, the way he emphasizes certain words/phrase to show its importance, the way he strikes a line over his mistakes. so original. so him. i like the way he talks to me through letters. it's different when you read from an email or listen to him speak through skype. something about snail mails, they never die or lose its value.

*sniff sniff* i can't help but breath in that familiar scent one more time. another twist in the heart.




1.12AM. Currently crossing the oceans. i pray for safe flight and good health.

0 days till we meet. just the hours, the minute and the seconds.


Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment