Sunday, February 28, 2010

Melbourne Chapter 2

28th February 2010 (Sunday)

Chapter 2 in Melbourne.

Exactly a week since i got back to melby. The last hug and goodbye with family until the time i step foot in my new home, everything felt surreal as i barely had the time to breathe since the start of Chinese New Year. For a moment it was the extreme heat back in my mom's hometown in Johor. The next, I was back in Subang getting ready for my last 2 days at work. On my last day of work, I start to appreciate the familiar environment. The people I came to know within my 3 months in the company. The familiar smell that surrounds the office and factory area. The cafeteria, the pantry, the colleagues. It's funny how I've grown to like my work environment and call it my comfort zone at the end of the day. Goodbye it was to Malaysia for the rest of the year. I wasnt able to say a proper goodbye due to time constrains. After being back in Melby for a week, i sometimes find it a dream to have gone back to Malaysia for 3 months. It's like a monsoon season, just passing by and now gone.

Being back in melby felt like home too. The walking. The people. The school. Everything feels the same. Within minutes, I was back to being a student. To clean my own room, do my own laundry, cereal for brunch, dinner at a restaurant, and maggi mee for lunch the following day. As i dig into my bowl of cereal with milk watching tv series from my laptop, I took a minute to gather my thoughts. School starts tomorrow. Im no longer living out of my luggage. There are still my stuffs at William's place that i've yet to collect.



Im just not ready for school.

No comments:

Post a Comment