Monday, January 03, 2011

Crossing the year to 2011.

2010 seemed so recent. It felt like just yesterday I was at Carman's place ushering in 2010 with his friends and family. We welcomed the year of the Tiger and gave hugs and wishes to everyone present. My internship came to an end as Chinese New Year approaches. I do what I usually do for Chinese New Year, visiting relatives and heading back to my mom's hometown in Kluang. Soon after, my holiday in Malaysia came to an end and I was on my way back to Melbourne.

Melbourne was the same as before and it felt like home. I saw the boy after 7 weeks and it felt good. I moved into a new home with new housemates and we became closer than ever. The house in Melbourne felt like home and it was a place we all longed for when away from our Malaysian home. We cooked, we cleaned, we laughed, we studied, we slept, we showered, we had parties.. it was a perfect home :)

Semester started and the students at home were determined to start afresh and study hard for the year. I made a promise to myself that I'll let the past be a motivation for me to move forward. I gave up partying and took my studies seriously like never before.

Easter came and the bunch of us in Melbourne embarked on a trip to Adelaide and had by far the best dimsum in Australia.

After Easter, my life was all about studying, cooking, relaxing, shopping, sleeping, cleaning and brunch on weekends. I finally felt like a student having the perfect campus life, where I met new friends from all parts of the world and feeling accomplished every night when I head to bed.

September came and the event that I've been organizing with a group of friends came to reality. The sold out event was the best reward for all the effort that we've put in. Most of all, we quickly became friends and it became one of the best part of my uni life :)

After 2 major exams and release of results, I was on a place back to Malaysia for a long holiday. This time around, I was excited to be home for a real holiday free from work, with the aim to spend time with friends, family and myself :)

It felt awesomely good to be home in my own room, feeling how it was like to be home and put all the year's hard work to a rest.

I have become more matured and independent in my own ways. I proved to myself that I can do whatever I want if I put my heart into it and I am now ready to take on more challenges. There are times I feel short on life but I have learnt to appreciate what I already have. To conclude 2010, I thank God for all the blessings that He has given me and for He has not forsaken me through times of trouble.

Counting my blessings, 2011 will be another great year for growth mentally and spiritually.

To everyone out there, Have fun and embrace 2011! Forget the past and move on to a new start. Believe in God, believe in yourself and you'll move mountains. Just, believe and have faith :)

Cheers to 2011!


No comments:

Post a Comment