Thursday, December 02, 2010

Officially summer

Summer break is finally here. The campus is scarily quiet and empty. My room has been cleaned out. I've bought containers and brought out boxes to store my stuff for the holidays. I've packed my bags for home. The house is still as messy but somehow it is what makes it feels like home. I've never felt this way. Same time last year, there wasn't really much time to sit and ponder on the year that has passed. Everything went in the speed of light and now it is the last month of another year. I dislike this feeling of leaving a place that I've grown so comfortable with. The house was almost perfect. I love having the girls around. Because we're so comfortable with each other it makes talking, laughing and crying so much more at ease. Just 2 flights of stairs away, I have that one person that I know I can depend on no matter what.

Pretty soon, my peers will be dressed up in graduation gowns, receiving certificates from the Chancellor, taking pictures and throwing hats in the sky. How I wish I was one of them. I have always wondered if my parents and siblings were disappointed when they found out that their trip to Melby would have to be postponed for another year. I'm happy to see the smiles on the faces of my peers. The talk of graduation, career and the future ahead of them. So many of them, I'm not sure if we'll ever cross paths again. Best of luck to them and I'm glad to have met every single one of them :) Unknowingly, I've known my classmates for 4 years. As for me, now, what will next year be without all the familiar faces?

I'll be home real soon. This summer break better be a BLAST!

I've spent the past few days watching Korean drama. sighhhh I cant express how much I love the occasional romance comedy type of series that makes me go lovey dovey and fluffy inside my stomach. More series and more romance please. I'd like to be in a fantasy during my holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment